- Centrifugation or slicing of sample
- Direct colony preparation
- Mechanical lysis (particularly bead beating) has high lysis efficiency, regardless of cell type, and requires no chemical reagents to be removed afterwards
- Inhibitor removal technology is applied to remove organic inhibitors from the final output; in orthopedic specimens, human host DNA is removed for specimens with low microbial concentrations
- Microbial DNA is extracted from numerous specimen types, including blood, urine, tissue, joint fluid, nails, sputum, swabs, etc.
- Automated* magnetic particle-based purification process ensures resulting DNA and RNA are free of protein, nucleases, and other contaminants.
- Positive and negative controls are processed alongside every specimen to ensure the extraction is successful and no contamination has been introduced