Next Generation Sequencing is Assisting Physicians in Successful Treatments of Microbial Infections
Watch What We Do
Physicians Say It Best
Consider Next Generation DNA Sequencing.
Receive 99.9% accurate DNA guided evidence for your overall clinical acumen and confident decision-making.
Depend on MicroGen DX,
because your patients depend on you.
Traditional Culture Labs vs Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Traditional Culture Labs
- Samples must follow strict guidelines of being at the lab within 2 hours and kept at room temperature.
- Less than 1% of known microbes will grow in traditional culture methods.
- Cultures have a high probability of returning with “no growth” results.
- Anaerobes are extremely difficult to grow in culture.
- Fungi can take over 20 days to get a result.
- It takes several diagnostic tests to identify anaerobes, aerobes, and fungi, costing the patient for each test.
Next Generation Sequencing
- Samples are not easily affected by time and temperature.
- We do not grow microbes. Our technology Extracts the Microbial DNA from each sample. Similar to lifting finger prints at a crime scene.
- We can identify 100% of the microbes within a sample with 99.9% accuracy.
- We return NGS results in 3-5 days. Lab results deliver all detected microbes against a data base of 25,000 known microbes.
- All microbes and fungi can be tested within one test at one price.
- We also detect antibiotic resistance genes for 8 antibiotic classes and deliver an antibiotic recommendations sheet.
Other PCR Labs
- PCR is limited to the microbial species in the panel.
- PCR panels are often 8-20 species or less.
- PCR has no clinical value when the panel returns negative.
- PCR will only confirm what you ask it to identify.
Our PCR & Next Generation Sequencing
- Within 24 hrs we provide Quantitative PCR with bacterial load.
- We also detect 8 known antibiotic resistance genes.
- We can detect the sequence codes of more than 25,000 species.
- Complete screening of the entire known microbial universe with 99.9% accuracy.
Answers to common misconceptions of molecular diagnostics for Microbes.
Our Dedication to Delivering Dependable Data
First, we apologize for any inconvenience due to receiving a negative report.
Please click the button below to see why you may have received a Negative Report, our 3 run promise of your sample and details of our free sample run guarantee.
Next Generation Sequencing and Biofilms
A better diagnostic tool
The detection and identification of bacteria present in natural and industrial ecosystems is now entirely based on molecular systems that detect microbial RNA or DNA. Culture methods were abandoned in the 1980s, because direct observations showed that less than 1% of the bacteria in these systems grew on laboratory media.
- J.W. Costerton
Center for Genomic Sciences, Father of Biofilm Research