MicroGenDX Uses Next Generation DNA Sequencing to Assist Physicians in Successful Treatment of Microbial Infections
Next Generation DNA Sequencing is the gold standard in delivering precise data in other areas of medicine. MicroGenDX is making this technology more widely available to physicians for the diagnosis of Infections with accurate microbial identification.
The Problem with Culture Testing and the Solution of PCR & Next Generation DNA Sequencing for accurately identifying microbes in chronic infections.
Infectious Disease & Microbiologist Related Information
Proficiency Scorecard & How We Do It
- Process Mapping
- Proficiency (CAP) Scorecard
- Concordance Study
- Orthopedic Studies
99.4% Mean Accuracy Rate
Physicians Say It Best
Testimonials & Success Stories
Consider Next Generation DNA Sequencing.
Receive 99.9% accurate DNA guided evidence for your overall clinical acumen and confident decision-making.
Depend on MicroGenDX,
because your patients depend on you.
Traditional Culture Labs vs Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Comparing culture testing to NGS
Traditional Culture Labs
- Samples must follow strict guidelines of being at the lab within 2 hours and kept at room temperature.
- Less than 1% of known microbes will grow in traditional culture methods.
- Cultures have a high probability of returning with “no growth” results.
- Anaerobes are extremely difficult to grow in culture.
- Fungi can take over 20 days to get a result.
- It takes several diagnostic tests to identify anaerobes, aerobes, and fungi, costing the patient for each test.
Next Generation Sequencing
- Samples are not easily affected by time and temperature.
- We do not grow microbes. Our technology Extracts the Microbial DNA from each sample. Similar to lifting finger prints at a crime scene.
- We can identify 100% of the microbes within a sample with 99.9% accuracy.
- We return NGS results in 3-5 days. Lab results deliver all detected microbes against a data base of 50,000 known microbes.
- All microbes and fungi can be tested within one test at one price.
- We also detect antibiotic resistance genes for 17 antibiotic classes and deliver an antibiotic recommendations sheet.
Other PCR Labs
- PCR is limited to the microbial species in the panel.
- PCR panels are often 8-20 species or less.
- PCR has no clinical value when the panel returns negative.
- PCR will only confirm what you ask it to identify.
Our PCR & Next Generation Sequencing
- Within 24 hrs we provide Quantitative PCR with bacterial load.
- We also detect 10 known antibiotic resistance genes.
- We can detect the sequence codes of more than 50,000 species.
- Complete screening of the entire known microbial universe with 99.9% accuracy.
Answers to common misconceptions of molecular diagnostics for Microbes.
Get answers on Sensitivities, Detailed Data
we provide and Viable vs Non-viable Bacteria
Our Dedication to Delivering Dependable Data
We understand receiving a negative report can be an inconvenience.
Please click the button below to see how we handle Negative Sample Reports, learn about our 3 run promise of your sample, and details of our free sample run guarantee.
Next Generation Sequencing and Biofilms
A better diagnostic tool
The detection and identification of bacteria present in natural and industrial ecosystems is now entirely based on molecular systems that detect microbial RNA or DNA. Culture methods were abandoned in the 1980s, because direct observations showed that less than 1% of the bacteria in these systems grew on laboratory media.
- J.W. Costerton
Center for Genomic Sciences, Father of Biofilm Research
CAP and CLIA Certified High Complexity Lab
"10 years consistent precision certified down to species level"
The MicroGenDX Laboratory utilizes Next Generation DNA Sequencing, the gold standard in molecular diagnostics to deliver microbial data to physicians nationwide. As we continue to assist physicians with the most significant diagnostic data using the most sophisticated DNA sequencing technology, our goal is to simplify our process and support you with the MicroGenDX website.
Southwest Regional PCR Laboratory, dba MicroGen Diagnostics, LLC, is a CAP-accredited and CLIA licensed clinical diagnostic laboratory.