Updated April 6th, 2020
With many labs at capacity and test turn-around times slowing down, MicroGenDX has validated its own Lab Developed CORONAVIRUS SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 Test and is ready to assist.
- As of March 23rd MicroGenDX has validated a real-time Reverse Transcriptase PCR (rRT-PCR) assay for the specific detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The assay validation exceeds the minimum recommendations put forth by the FDA guidance policies and has been determined to be 100% specific, sensitive, and accurate. CLICK HERE to Review MicroGenDX SARS-CoV-2 Molecular Diagnostic Validation Summary.
- We have been validated and added to the FDA Website as a resource laboratory for COVID-19 Testing. Under the question: What Laboratories and Manufactures are offering Tests for COVID-19? Click the 3rd question down: "What laboratories are offering testing under the policy outlined in section IV.A of the policy for Diagnostic Tests for Coronavirus Disease-2019?" In the dropdown list of approved labs we are listed as Southwest Regional PCR Laboratory dba MicroGenDX. View FDA website
- MicroGenDX is the most experienced molecular diagnostic laboratory for infectious disease having run more than 400,000 DNA tests over the last 12 years.
- MicroGenDX’s COVID-19 Rapid PCR Test has a 24hr turn around time from time of receipt.
- We are the first national laboratory to be validated and offer the COVID-19 TEST with sputum. Sputum collection has been shown to deliver better results and is far less invasive than swab collection methods. Lancet, SARS-CoV-2 RNA more readily detected in induced sputum. CLICK to Read
- MicroGenDX will have the capacity to process 10,000 samples per day.
- We are following FDA protocols for EUA (Emergency Use Authorization)
US Patients Only:
$99 Physician Approved Prepaid Test Service
$20 $10 shipping fee until May 1st if sent to patient)
Billed to Medicare
Hospital Send Out/Overflow from Other labs:
Due to limited number of swabs and VTM nationally, our collection kits will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.
If you, as a physician have signed off on a Provider Service Agreement, we can send a kit directly to your patients home for at home sampling and shipping to our laboratory. If not, ask your local MicroGenDX representative for details.
Veteran owned and operated.