MicroGenDX has been an invaluable asset for COVID testing for me. The lab’s turnaround time and results communication portal are only matched by the fantastic customer service they offer.”
With industry-leading accuracy, non-invasive saliva-based collection, great turn-around-time and exemplary service, MicroGen Diagnostics' COVID-19 testing has given us the peace of mind to confidently and safely move forward with our continued goal to provide excellent patient care through highly complex surgical procedures."
We are grateful to have the use of the MicroGenDX COVID-19 test kits during the pandemic. Our clinic had previously been sending nasopharyngeal specimen swabs to other well-known labs that were taking an average of 10-14 days to receive results. Once MicroGenDX sputum testing was FDA EUA approved, we fortunately had found a way to painlessly test our patients and medical community for COVID-19. The MicroGenDX turnaround time starting from when a specimen is sent out to the time we received a result is about 24-36 hours, mostly dependent on when FedEx picked up the specimens for the day. The customer service has been remarkably professional and efficient. Notifications regarding positive COVID results are faxed, emailed, and called to our office promptly to ensure we properly receive results as well as enabling us to make timely decisions for patients as well as medical staff, home health nurses, and first responders. This has helped quickly make decisions to either quarantine or return back to work for our understaffed and overstressed healthcare community. Prior to the pandemic, we had been using MicroGenDX for several years to run PCR/NGS wound and urine studies. Our clinic has been and continues to be very satisfied with their service and professionalism."
Everwell Specialty Pharmacy is so grateful to have access to MicroGen’s COVID-19 testing platform. In light of testing backlogs, it has been invaluable to provide our employees and patients with a rapid turnaround time option. The test kits, instructions, and prepaid shipping boxes make the process simple and efficient. This comes to no surprise to us as we’ve been working with providers using MicroGen’s DNA sequencing for several years and have always been very pleased with their customer service."
I just wanted to drop a note to tell you and your team what an incredible job MicroGen is doing for our residents and staff. As you know we are a mid-size retirement community with 250 residents and 240 employees. When I first contacted you in late April, we really didn’t know anything about COVID testing or even how to approach it. You went above and beyond to bring my staff up to speed and we got a testing protocol for every resident and every employee for monthly screenings. You were also so critical during our 3 positive employee tests in our contact tracing and testing. We have learned over time that MicroGen results are accurate and quick as can be. You have made the county of San Diego testing program look like an amateur operation. We are so thankful for our connection and look forward to working in the future on this incredibly challenging issue. So from all of our Seacrest Family, including every family member you don’t test…… We thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts! Keep up the good work."
I have been using MicroGenDx for testing first responders through the Covid-19 pandemic. The results have been reliable, the turnaround times are always within 24 hours and the service has been individualized to meet my needs. I highly recommend this lab for COVID-19 molecular PCR testing.”
Thank you for getting the results reported quickly last week. I do notice your work and really appreciate the energy and time you put into getting the results reported timely and accurate. I really appreciate the wonderful things your lab does for our hospital, patients/citizens in our County and other surrounding counties. You do make a difference in the fight to meet our COVID needs and I cannot thank you enough for your efforts!! Thank you for staying Strong and putting in the extra hours and effort in meeting needs. YOU ARE TRULY RECOGNIZED BY US!!"
MicroGenDX testing has been working very well so far for our pre-op protocol with a reliable way to satisfy the 5 day testing window. The patients are very happy with the convenience and also like the idea of not having to go to a testing center or do the swab test. We have several more coming up so I will actually have to place another order soon. No problem to communicate with the marketing people."
For those who do not have a physician, please use one of our telemedicine partners:
Updated August 12th, 2020
With many labs at capacity and test turn-around times slowing down, MicroGenDX has validated its own Lab Developed CORONAVIRUS SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 Test and is ready to assist.
FDA EUA Authorized | as of 4-23-20
Listed under High Complexity Molecular-Based Laboratory Developed Tests as "Southwest Regional PCR Laboratory LLC. dba MicroGen DX" - View List
Nasal swab collection and transport materials are in high demand but in low supply causing many delays for tens of thousands of patients to even get tested for COVID-19. MicroGenDX has foreseen this bottleneck and has been validated for nasal swabs, and sputum testing for SARS-CoV-2. Sputum has been shown to be equivalent to nasal swabs and in some studies superior to nasal swabs in the detection of SARS-COV-2. See proof sources below:
Sputum: a viable collection method for COVID-19
- MicroGenDX is a CLIA/CAP certified high complexity lab with more than 10 years experience designing molecular based laboratory developed tests (LDTs).
- MicroGenDX Laboratories, the world leader in providing PCR and Next Generation DNA Sequencing in microbial identification, has validated a real-time Reverse Transcriptase PCR (rRT-PCR) assay for the specific detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. MicroGenDX has been validated for nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal, anterior-nasal, and mid-turbinate nasal swabs, nasopharyngeal wash/aspirate or nasal aspirates as well as sputum specimens from individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider.
- MicroGenDX Laboratory COVID-19 Testing Status and Approval for Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2 using Nasal Swabs, and Sputum Samples.
- As of March 23rd MicroGenDX has validated a real-time Reverse Transcriptase PCR (rRT-PCR) assay for the specific detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The assay validation exceeds the minimum recommendations put forth by the FDA guidance policies. CLICK HERE to Review MicroGenDX SARS-CoV-2 Molecular Diagnostic Validation Summary.
- We have been validated and added to the FDA Website as a resource laboratory for COVID-19 Testing. Under the question: What Laboratories and Manufactures are offering Tests for COVID-19? Click the 3rd question down: "What laboratories are offering testing under the policy outlined in section IV.A of the policy for Diagnostic Tests for Coronavirus Disease-2019?" In the dropdown list of approved labs we are listed as Southwest Regional PCR Laboratory dba MicroGenDX. View FDA website
- MicroGenDX is the most experienced molecular diagnostic laboratory for infectious disease having run more than 400,000 DNA tests over the last 12 years.
- MicroGenDX’s COVID-19 Rapid PCR Test has a 24-48 hour turn around time from time of receipt.
- MicroGenDX laboratory has been validated to offer the COVID-19 TEST utilizing nasal swabs, and sputum samples. Sputum collection has been shown to deliver better results and is far less invasive than swab collection methods. Lancet, SARS-CoV-2 RNA more readily detected in induced sputum. Read Lancet Paper Here
- MicroGenDX will have the capacity to process 6,000 samples per day.
- All COVID-19 reports can be accessed through our secure portal. Access Our Portal by Clicking Here
US Patients Only:
$99 Physician Approved Prepaid Test Service
Billed to Medicare
Hospital Send Out/Overflow from Other labs:
Due to limited number of swabs and VTM nationally, our collection kits will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.
Veteran owned and operated.