Interpreting Your qPCR+NGS Level 2 Report
What do these results tell us?
- No resistance genes are present in the sample.
- Total bacterial load is low, total microbial DNA copies are less than 105.
- A complete list of clinically relevant microbes detected in the sample:
- Staphylococcus aureus is the dominant species, making up 54% of the bacterial load;
- Cutibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus haemolyticus were detected at 9% and 8% relative abundances, respectively;
- There are other species detected, but not reported here, because they constitute <2% of bacterial load, respectively.
- Antimicrobials for consideration, based on Sanford Guide and Johns Hopkins Guides. Not determined by phenotypic susceptibility analysis. (Infectious Disease consultations available upon request).